Tuesday 2 April 2013

Choosing Vegan Temptations

Finally, my recipe blog is up... ") and now our website too! Please visit us on recipes.ourfoodprint.com, for these recipes and many more. You can follow us on facebook at ourfoodprints and on twitter @rfoodprints to stay updated on our newest recipes info etc! 

I have been asked for recipes very often, from non vegans and vegans alike.  People who come over are frequently surprised that there are such wonderful dairy free cheese, desserts & simple replacements for dairy/meat products.This is a compilation of recipes I have tried and have turned out amazing every time. They are meat and dairy free, vegan recipes. 

This is for my friends who would like to use these recipes, those who are curious about the varieties of food that are vegan, And everyone who loves food!

Much as I love cooking, I can be lazy sometimes..and on those days Im looking to cook under 10 minutes. Fast cooking/preparing vegan food, is also usually very healthy. Unless we are making french fries or smilies...

My hubby and I are vegan for compassionate reasons, because animals used for food and dairy products undergo severe abuse. http://www.hsi.org/issues/ . We cannot pay for animal abuse, so, we avoid any animal products like meat, fish, milk, cheese, honey and their skins like leather, fur etc.

And, I believe, being vegan has been one of the best changes in my food habits ever. From being a compulsive meat eater, who suffered from severe acidity, constipation and chronic coughs, today I am free of these chronic health problems. My husband, who suffered from seasonal cold and cough attacks has been free of them for a while too. Touch Wood! :) 

I'm not saying its a miracle diet, but it helped our health tremendously. Its possibly because by avoiding meat and cows milk, we are avoiding a lot of allergens that trigger off chronic problems. http://www.pcrm.org/. It is a naturally healthy diet, however one needs to make sure one is eating a lot of fresh fruits veggies and taking supplements if required. 

Anyways, being Indian, and a south Indian at that, we are spoilt for choices where dairy free vegetarian food options are concerned. 

I will be adding recipes that are a mix of traditional Indian, a lot of new home made ones and varied cuisines that I have tried and have met with a positive response. Do write to me if you have any suggestions

So, we start a journey of rediscovering the old, and having fun with the new!

No comments:

Post a Comment